SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
PUBLISHED: September 12, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
The world’s leading game engine is looking for brilliant engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be helping to scale Unity’s infrastructure to be the greatest and largest gaming cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a premier engineering team to bring a high level of reliability, security and efficiency to Unity services. With a commitment to our customers, you will use your outstanding system engineering and development skills to provide Unity’s customers with the best possible service experience.
As part of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will contribute to critical aspects of Unity’s services throughout the entire development cycle:
- You will be a production and operations domain expert to the development teams, guiding and advising on how to best implement services, serve our customers, and iterate once a service is in production.
- You will be the operational feedback loop to the development teams and help with the overall live service customer experience.
- You will own the design and implementation of software solutions to optimize and harden the management of highly-scalable tools and services.
- You will deal with service disruptions and production events in a timely manner, with professionalism and a dedication to our customers.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure core components: Storage, system and/or Networking
- Strong understanding of at scale Networking designs, including Dynamic routing, switching, DNS and CDN technology.
- Understanding of network security and DDoS prevention.
- Experience in devops, site reliability and/or infrastructure engineering in a quickly growing company using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Ceph, and Gluster.
- Understanding of general large-scale distributed services and infrastructure, from network designs to overall system architecture.
- Strong development experience, preferably around system configuration and management using frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer centric and empathetic approach to support, thrive in making our customers and users successful.
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, build trust and solid relationships.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, ie. AWS, GCP and/or Azure.
- Advanced understanding of general infrastructure operation, and ability to drive a team to incident resolution, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment.
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.