Game Programmer LIGHTHEART ENTERTAINMENT / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: January 20, 2022
Lightheart Entertainment is looking for a generalist game programmer to join us! We look for people who are practical in their approach and endless in their curiosity.
Someone who welcomes all the engineering challenges game development brings and thrives on building practical solutions for them.
Lightheart believes that given the right support, a team can self-organize far more efficiently than a hierarchy can. We believe the best decisions regarding a game come from people who are closest to where the magic happens. Accordingly, we look for self-directed people who have their area of passion and expertise, but are into other disciplines as well.
What will you do?
- You will be working with Unity so we expect you to have solid knowledge of it
- You will be mostly working with game client, but also you will have the chance to work with backend and development tools
What are we looking for?
- A passion from making games – from elaborate systems to honing second to second gameplay
- 2-5 years of experience preferred, more never hurts
- Good knowledge of Unity and C#
- Generalist coding skills that can be applied to all areas of development
What do we offer?
Our compensation covers not just competitive salary and benefits, but also participating in our stock option program. For new joiners, we offer extra vacation days in the first vacation cycle. We accommodated for remote working before the pandemic and will do so in the future as well. For most roles, the ability to be able to visit the office in Helsinki at times will be required.