Game Designer LIGHTNEER / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: January 22, 2021
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Game Designer to join our mobile game studio in Helsinki, Finland.
At Lightneer we produce dozens of original hyper-casual game ideas and develop best to market in just a handful of weeks. You as a designer are able to create and evaluate concepts and ideas quickly, and have a passion for clear core gameplay and design.
You take responsibility for the vision and game development, create a plan and product backlog and communicate with teams and other stakeholders. You understand key mobile KPIs and have experience in data-driven decision making. You have knowledge in different monetisation methods such ads and IAPs.
As a key member of our world-class team, you will have the opportunity to make your mark on new fun mobile games played worldwide. You get to work in a dynamic, fun, creative, agile and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities & Main tasks
- Ideate innovative hyper-casual game concepts
- Create clear and concise game design plans, user flows and wireframes
- Lead the execution of game projects from early concepts to global launch
- Work closely with product teams to solve gameplay and design related challenges
- Organize data tracking events and use in-game data to make decisions and improve our games
- Monitor and research mobile game markets to identify trends and opportunities
- Share and refine design processes, methods and data with internal teams and external studios
- Be the seal of quality of our games
Qualifications & Requirements
- Extensive experience working on mobile games, preferably both developing a game from scratch as well as from operating a live game
- Experience in creating game concepts and leading their execution
- A passion for making simple and user-centric mobile game design
- Skills to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- Genuine interest in hyper-casual games
- Belief in data-driven approach to support and validate intuition
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with teams
- Can-do attitude, ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and constantly prioritize workload to meet shifting demands and deadlines
- Understanding of mobile game monetization
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and supervise multiple ongoing game projects
Additional as a plus
- Experience in creating and managing balanced game systems and economies
- Experience on designing and running LiveOps
- Experience in Unity environment
- Experience in ad networks and mediation
These are some requirements and qualifications which come to our mind regarding the position. First and foremost we are looking for a motivated designer to join the team. Become part of Lightneer and apply now!
The position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found so be fast! Looking forward to hearing from you.