PUBLISHED: March 3, 2020
Are you a video wizard with the deadliest spells of the trade at your disposal? Are you longing to be a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals and a fun atmosphere? Ubisoft RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for an experienced
Video Artist to be a part of our Marketing team
You will create marketing video content and brand visuals for all our games and our studio brand as part of our Brand Art team. Your days will be spent creating top-quality video assets, such as trailers, for all digital channels, events and any other instances where it’s needed. You may also be working with motion graphics and various video content for in-game purposes. In short, you are a video creating machine – you eat ideas, still images and raw capture for breakfast and turn them into diamonds in motion by the time they come out.
You will be working your magic on every step of the video production cycle. Be ready to juggle ideas, work them into a concept, put down a plan of action and execute to the highest degree. Your goal is to wow the audience and make us and our games shine. Close co-operation with the rest of the marketing team, Brand Managers and studio game production is essential to get things done. In addition, you will get to work with external agencies on trailer productions.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment, and design. You have a lot of creative ideas, and you really enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Taking initiative comes naturally to you and you are used to an autonomous working style. You can keep track of multiple things at the same time and prioritize work against schedules, while making sure the quality of your work stays at the highest level.
- Create top quality video material and motion graphics for all platforms and devices
- Be part of the marketing video creation together with the team and be involved at all stages of the process
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure a smooth process and delivery
Our dream candidate
- Is experienced in video editing, VFX and especially in motion graphics
- Has a great eye and technical proficiency for creating polished and impactful deliverables
- Holds insightful knowledge about visual and stylistic trends in games, film, and entertainment
- Understands graphic design and typography on a general level
- Is advanced and experienced with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other relevant tools
- Loves to research, ideate and conceptualize a project before going into production be it scripts, storyboards or other pre-production tools
- Has the ability to take initiative, be responsive to deadlines and manage video projects
- Reflects and gives detailed feedback to other team members and external partners
- Is capable or is willing to learn how to capture in-game material of studio games for video productions
- Has a passion for games
- Experience in graphic design/illustration
- 3D skills
- Working with audio design
- Experience in cinematography/photography
- Game/entertainment industry experience
- Network of highly talented and motivated marketing people all over the world + brands of a leading player in the game industry
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation and a link to your portfolio. A Portfolio is a MUST. The application period closes on March 22, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!