VFX / Audio Programmer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / remote
PUBLISHED: October 11, 2021
Do you want to take part in creating the game of a lifetime?
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations, become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your Mission and Responsibilities:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design, implement, optimize and maintain VFX and/or audio systems needed for next gen MMO. All this as a part of a world class team of game developers. Working closely with game designers, art & audio teams and gameplay engineers.
- You will design, implement, optimize and maintain VFX and/or audio systems.
- You will integrate and maintain 3rd party and in-house plugins & tools.
- You will write code in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with maintenance, modularity, scalability, performance and compatibility requirements.
- You will be working closely with game designers, art & audio teams and gameplay engineers in elaborating a system design that combines game design goals with technological considerations and limitations.
Your role is based preferably in Helsinki or Reykjavik. We are open to working remotely but prefer to stay on the same time zones with our offices.
Some success indicators for your role
- You have 2+ years of experience developing, optimizing and maintaining gameplay systems in C++.
- You are enthusiastic about next generation projects and cutting edge technologies.
- You enjoy getting something cool on the screen or for the ears.
- You have experience of VFX and/or audio in gameplay.
- Should you have Unreal Engine experience that would be an extra boost to you and to your team.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy. We have our main offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.