VFX Artist (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: November 22, 2018
We are creating cutting-edge mid-core games within Battle Studio. We’re working on an unannounced, competitive game and brand new IP. Be part of a senior team with flat hierarchies and high ambitions where strong ideas, commitment and hard skills trump years of experience.
You will be creating stunning visual effects in unity and add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. You are an excellent observer and expert dissecting animations and visual effects. Designing textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX is part of your routine.
You will be working closely with animators, character artists, technical artists, art direction & game design to forge unforgettable experiences for our fans.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Create and implement real-time particle effects and animated shaders
- Design handcrafted special FX textures from scratch and match the benchmarks
- Own the technical setup and troubleshooting in Unity
- You are skilled with related disciplines such as as concept art, animation and modelling
- Photoshop, Maya and Unity are part of your basic toolkit
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX artist in the games or entertainment industry
- Experience on published games using Unity
- Aware of the needs of mobile game development from early concept to life-ops
- You are not a diva – Using Unity asset store placeholders is ordinary to you
- A gameplay and mobile first mindset
- Strong interest in games & animated series
- Strong communication and being open to receiving feedback
- You are diligent with documentation and sharing your work proactively with the team
Your demo reel illustrates your excitement for visual effects in games – preferably mobile and using Unity. We’re looking for team members who bring their passion and creative spirit to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in an ambitious and lively environment.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!