PUBLISHED: March 3, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
VFX Artist for our unannounced mobile project
Following the success of South Park: Phone Destroyer and Trials Frontier, our studio is kicking off the next mobile project with our new IP. As our VFX Artist you will create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing our high-quality standards. You will collaborate closely with our Creative and Art Directors as well as other artists. You can take full ownership of your tasks and organizing your own workflow.
We are looking for an Artist who is driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You have excellent skills in discussing ideas together and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed together.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! Our project will push the existing boundaries of mobile games with truly unique ideas. You will join a team of enthusiastic game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. You will get to work in an agile studio with an outspoken and playful atmosphere and enjoy the network and support of Ubisoft.
- Create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms following the artistic guidelines
- Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques
- Work with the production artists, designers, and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always game ready
- Testing and fixing your work in the build
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions
Our dream candidate
- Has a degree or a diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic or professional experience
- Has an in-depth understanding of a real-time VFX pipeline and exceptional technical abilities
- Has 2+ years of professional experience as a VFX Artist in the gaming industry
- Has strong animation, texture painting, and lighting skills
- Is an experienced Unity user
- Has in-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (for example Photoshop, Maya, After Effects, Houdini etc.)
- Takes ownership and is proactive
- Is responsive to feedback and actively seeks opportunities to enhance their current skills
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV with your salary expectations. Please also send a portfolio displaying your best VFX work. The application period closes on March 22, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!