PUBLISHED: June 26, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- Work with project teams in different phases of their product life cycle to understand player needs and improve the game’s user experience on a continuous iterative basis
- Work closely with development teams to recommend and conduct various research methods and inspire them to integrate these practices and findings into their development schedules and pipelines
- Support project teams in their daily work in the area of user experience using multiple research methods and focusing on areas such as; game economy and payer experience, usability, needs and motivations, competitor benchmarking etc
- Educate teams on core user experience principles, be a strong voice and advocate for the player and dive a user focused mindset
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new research techniques, technologies, methodologies and process improvements
- Plan, coordinate, manage and execute UX research studies for game teams in all phases of the games development using various research methodologies including: moderated and unmoderated studies, surveys, stimulus creation, guides, screeners and briefings creation, interviews, focus groups, and workshop facilitation and management
- Actively influence, prioritize and make recommendations based on findings to team members and studio management
- Deliver clear, actionable and compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Advocate research findings to stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations, all the way up to executive leadership
Who we think will do great in this role has or is:
- 3+ years of experience working in a research role in a business environment
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree, or equivalent in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design or related field
- Passion for user research and keeping up with current trends
- Deep knowledge and passion for mobile gaming and understanding the people who play them
- Extensive knowledge and a broad range of skills in research design and qualitative and quantitative methods applied in a business environment
- A strong influencer to push forward product insights to key stakeholders and a proven ability to translate findings into actionable product improvements
- Demonstrated experience with helping organizations improve their research methods
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams including partnering with business intelligence and data scientists for data exchange
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively, has initiative and can drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working on mobile titles
- Keen knowledge and interest in free-to-play games and best practices
- 1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are, what your experience has been to date and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- 2. Second rounds: Technical interview along with a discussion with all research team members. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
- 3. A test will be provided.
- 4. A final meeting might be required to review test with potential candidate.