PUBLISHED: May 13, 2020
Based in Helsinki Finland, Musopia is a music software development studio with a mission to help people´s dreams of playing an instrument come true. The majority of people would like to play some instrument, and we assist these music lovers in becoming music players with innovative and fun solutions.
We work closely together with some of the biggest names in the music industry who share the same passion for creating engaging and efficient learning experiences, such as Yamaha, the world´s biggest ukulele brand Kala Brand Music and the massively popular online guitar teacher JustinGuitar and other music educators.
Designer – how about a backstage pass to the music industry? Would you like to influence how people play music?
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to take the Musopia app and service design to the next level. You would be joining our growing R&D team, where we are designing the future of music education together. You are a seasoned user experience professional with an excellent ability to understand user needs and convert insights, ideas, and requirements into engaging experiences that would change the way people learn music.
– Collaborating in a fun and dynamic environment with other designers, developers, and various stakeholders to understand user needs, create concepts, design user flows, and take ideas from sketches to production
– Having end-to-end design responsibility for different service features, user journeys, prototypes and concepts
– Creating and maintaining UX flows, conducting usability tests, and working with developers to get designs implemented
– Crafting detailed visual design for app UI
– Arranging design reviews and facilitating service design workshops from time to time
– Communicating ideas and design concepts to the broader team in a transparent manner
– 5+ years of experience in UX and interaction design for mobile apps and digital services
– A strong portfolio showing UI design skills and a track record of successfully delivered projects
– Solid skills in rapid prototyping on varying levels of fidelity, from rough wireframes to polished UI layouts
– Ability to describe digital services by creating user journeys, service blueprints, information architecture representations, et cetera.
– Methodological knowledge of UX and visual design principles, usability and service design
– Familiarity with both iOS and Android UI styles as well as with the latest digital design trends
– Hands-on experience with design and prototyping tools (for example, Sketch, Photoshop, Figma, Principle, et cetera.)
– A general understanding of the SW development process and experience working with developers
– Strong communications skills with a good command of written and spoken English
– Educational background in visual design, product design or a similar field preferred
We also appreciate:
– Storyboarding and illustration skills
– Animation skills
– UI development and generic programming skills
– Startup experience
– Interest and background in music
We are primarily looking for a full-time employee, but also a merited freelancer may be an option in this case. Our projects allow remote work and flexible hours depending on the project phase. Our office is a couple of steps from Kamppi center and Hietsu beach!
Come work with us and create awesome music e-learning apps from start to finish. Our team is super talented and easy-going, set to make an impact in the future of the music business. When you join Musopia, please note that playing some musical instrument is not mandatory, but there is a fair chance to learn, and you will even get paid for it!
Here is your chance to be part of the modern music industry and win-win partnerships! To apply, please submit your application, including your portfolio link, online no later than Thursday, the 28th of May 2020. For further information, please contact Arja Martikainen from Tuesday-Thursday between 1 pm and 3 pm +358407621564.
And if you have a moment, please listen to Musopia’s story in the following podcast link here