PUBLISHED: July 4, 2019
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
We are looking for a UX Designer with a heavily user centred design approach who seeks out user validation over gut feeling. You will work closely with our game designers, data analysts and UI artists to craft compelling features from start to finish, making sure that both usability and overall user experience are top-notch. Player motivation is close to your heart and you care deeply about creating delightful experiences for users. You have a holistic approach to your work, driving your designs from ideation to implementation and like making your mark with your ideas and problem solving skills that directly influence the outcome of our products.
As an ideal candidate you already have a good understanding of both Unity and UGUI and have adapted one of the industry standard prototyping tools as an integral part of your process. If this sounds like you, look no further.
You will get to work with around 100 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the centre of Helsinki.
- Good understanding of UX and user-centric design, modern design patterns and practises
- Good knowledge of the Unity engine, UGUI
- Hands-on experience in creating wireframes, prototypes and layouts
- Experience using industrial standard tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, InVision or Xd
- Good understanding of resolution independent and adaptive design
- Creative mindset with problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a development team and committing to mutual goals and deadlines
- Open to receiving objective criticism from the team and improving designs upon it
- Working closely with coders, designers, product owners and other stakeholders in a day-to-day development environment
- Acting as the user advocate: planning, communicating and executing first class user experience
- Planning ahead and having a good judgement of prioritising design tasks for the benefit of the team and the end product
- Turning written design flows into wireframes and prototypes, and effectively communicating interaction flows using these methods to the team members
- Turning wireframes and prototypes into functional in-game Unity layouts
- Designing necessary icons and UI assets and/or communicating with team artists to obtain them
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Please send your CV, a portfolio relevant to this role, and a cover letter along with your salary request as soon as possible.