User Research Manager
PUBLISHED: July 12, 2019
Welcome to Rovio! We are looking for a User Research Manager to lead our ambitious User Research team in the Game’s central team in Espoo, Finland!
In addition to ensuring the superior performance of the team, the person will also direct the development of the craft and team strategy. Rovio’s User Research team is young and its manager shall be bold, embrace innovation, and act with integrity. The team is based in the Delta unit, Game’s central team. The unit acts as a central craft and helps enable the game teams create well retaining and engaging games that puts the player at the center of the experience.
Your responsibilities as a User Research Manager will include:
- Owning and conducting end-to-end research, ensuring design intent and bringing insights that influence decisions
- Building and developing the strategy for the User Research craft and team
- Overseeing multiple mobile games across their lifespan and supporting multiple game teams
- Building strong cooperation with the key stakeholders to understand their business needs
- Determining best practices, tools and methods and constantly developing them, never hesitating to bring an out of the box approach
- Driving a greater understanding of our players, their motives and experiences in order to enable game teams to develop the best games possible
- Driving a greater understanding of User Research within the company and developing the practice at Rovio
- Ensuring that all research activities are aligned with the BU needs
We are looking for someone who has:
- 8 years working in the field of user research, part of it within the games industry
- At least 3 years of managing a team
- Experience in developing User Research within a company
- Research experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Expert-level knowledge of multiple User Research techniques
- Operational mindset that drives efficiency across the team while maximizing their overall impact
- Experience working and influencing across teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Organisation skills and ability to work under pressure
- Prioritization skills
- Boldness and creativity
Additionally, it’d be much appreciated if you:
- Have a knowledge of mobile and free to play games market and design
- Have a strong interest in mobile games and follow the market trends
- Can lead a team or researchers and is able to bring out the best performance from them
What you get when you join us:
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- We do have fun! We are a community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone from top models, a laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, massage, gym, sauna and more
- In case you’d be moving from abroad, we’ll offer relocation support and make sure that you have a smooth start with us in Helsinki.
Send us your CV and cover letter today – we look forward to hearing from you!