PUBLISHED: November 2, 2018
WARGAMING, Helsinki, Finland
Wargaming Helsinki is looking for a talented UI/UX Artist to provide players with epic gameplay experiences through some of the most well crafted mobile interfaces in the industry.
With the continuous expansion of the Wargaming universe and goal to deliver legendary game experiences, our studio in Helsinki is currently gearing up to launch a brand new mobile game title. In preparation of this we want to expand our highly skilled team of artists and designers with a seasoned UI/UX Artist.
To be successful you will have a strong drive towards conceptualising, designing and implementing various UI styles for mobile games. You also have great enthusiasm and possess a natural sense of how UI flows, constantly striving for delivering experience according to best practices and current trends.
The UI/UX Artist will report to the Art Lead
What you will do:
- Work closely with the rest of the game team to iterate on user flows and game UI
- Explore different UI styles to discover the right one for each game
- Build interactive prototypes on device to test and iterate the designs
- Implement UI art directly in Unity, preferably including required UI animations and VFX
- Conceptualise, design, and implement UI guided by an understanding of current trends and best practices
- Create flexible interface designs to evolve with the needs of a live game
- Maintain asset libraries and texture atlases with a high level of proficiency and organisation
- Give and receive constructive feedback
Who are you:
- 2+ years of experience producing high quality graphics and intuitive, clean UI’s
- Able to make fantastic mobile UI art for different game genres and styles (e.g. mid-core, hard-core, casual)
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Proficiency in Unity and Unity UI tools
- Excellent understanding of mobile usability
- Ability to produce and translate ideas into clean mockups for implementation
- Ability to clearly communicate desired UI designs and systems
- Ability to take the initiative and work with little supervision
- Receive and give feedback in a motivated and invested way focused on what is best for the product
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Experience having shipped mobile games with your own UI implementations
- Familiarity with working in a data-driven environment and ability to adjust designs based on data
What we offer at Wargaming Helsinki:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced, humble and nimble development team with one mission: Make. Legendary. Games.
- Autonomy and independence: take decisions without layers of management or bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of the international Wargaming ecosystem
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Relocation support for all new employees, non-Finnish/EU citizens included
- Work in an open and friendly office environment in the center of Helsinki
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.