UI PROGRAMMER COLOSSAL ORDER / Tampere, Finland
PUBLISHED: October 7, 2022
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5h/week) position in Tampere, Finland.
As a UI Programmer at Colossal Order, you will be responsible for implementing interactive reusable generic UI components and in-game UI required by our titles in development in close collaboration with UI/UX and game designers.
You will be using web development standard libraries (i.e. React, typescript, html and scss) that interacts with the game data produced by C# and C/C++.
You will also be responsible for researching suitable tools and libraries for our projects and improving the data binding workflow on the technology side.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and style optimized UI components and games UI
- Bind gameplay or mockup data to the UI
- Research modern libraries and tools to improve the development workflow
- Participate in UI/UX design
- Participate in the integration of the UI framework with the technology backend
- Fair C#/C/C++ knowledge
- Understanding of real time performances implications related to UI implementation
- 3+ years of professional web developer experience or a convincing equivalent
- Experience implementing mouse, keyboard and gamepad input in a React app or equivalent
- Understanding of the Entity Component System architecture
- Fluency with web tools (NodeJS/React/Chrome debugger…)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Bonus: previous experience using Coherent Labs Gameface technology
JOIN COLOSSAL ORDER
We offer a flexible and friendly work environment, open communication, and a healthy work-life balance. We believe that happy and healthy employees are the key to success. It’s no coincidence we work in the happiest country in the world!
Become a part of our international team of 30 people from 10 different countries working from home or our modern office located in central Tampere, Finland, and enjoy the benefits of Nordic work culture. Join our employee-driven social events, like weekly quizzes, game nights, and more.
- We’re passionate about simulation games – and cake!
- We’re more than a workplace, we’re a community
- We have our home in Finland, the happiest country in the world
- We believe happy and healthy employees are the key to success
- We offer freedom with responsibility
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- We have over 10 years of experience creating games
- Flexible work hours
- 6 weeks of paid vacation from the start of the employment
- Private healthcare in addition to Finnish public healthcare
- Extensive health and leisure insurance
- Relocation help and housing
- Private Finnish lessons
- Access to company cabin
Send us an introduction, your CV, and your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll start interviewing promising candidates right away, so please apply as soon as possible.