PUBLISHED: April 1, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 15,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for an
UI Programmer to join our kick-ass mobile team
As a UI Programmer your responsibility is to bring the UI of our latest mobile game to the next level and make sure South Park: Phone Destroyer™ continues to be a great success on the market! You will play a key role in ensuring that the feeling of the game is perfectly smooth and that our players will just LOVE IT. Your job is to implement practical and efficient solutions and features related to in-game menus and HDU’s meeting the UI, design and technical requirements. You will have an independent role and ownership of the UI Programming. Our project will offer you opportunities to create cool stuff and let your know-how shine. You will be working as part of our talented programmer team and closely with our amazing Artists and Designers.
We are looking for a programmer with strong expertise and interest in interface design and motivation to do things not just well, but pixel perfect! You are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders from different disciplines and you are not afraid to communicate your ideas in the team. We will offer you a unique opportunity to work with a successful mobile game with a huge IP. You will have a friendly and welcoming team supporting you and making sure you’ll have fun while doing what you love!
- Take full responsibility of the UI technical architecture
- Write modular and reusable UI code in feature development
- Work hand in hand with UI Artists and Designers to prototype and deliver the best experience for players
- Support programming team in other than UI related tasks when needed
Our dream candidate
- Has professional programming experience
- Has solid knowledge of Unity engine, specially UI and animation best practices and optimization
- Has proficiency in C#
- Has strong interest in interfaces, especially in mobile and games
- Has passion for mobile games
- Is a goal orientated problem solver
- Works independently and is well organized
- Has good communication and team work skills
- Speaks fluent English
- Education in a relevant field (such as Media Technology or Computer Science)
- Experience of working in a game studio and supporting live games
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV together with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 15th of April but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!