UI DESIGNER / FRONT-END DEVELOPER, Project X
PUBLISHED: October 9, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Kaivokatu 8 B, 00100 Helsinki
Unity enables the democratization of game development with tools that help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across over 25 hardware platforms. Unity’s market share is more than 45% of the full feature game engine market (source: McKinsey), with more than 5M registered Unity developers. Every quarter Unity powered games are installed nearly 5 billion times on over 2.4 billion unique devices, making it one of the largest mobile platforms in the world.
In Helsinki we are building Project X, a new service that makes mobile games more fun, viral and sticky. We are looking for a UI Designer, who is passionate about creating engaging mobile user experiences for millions of players around the world. The foremost quality we are looking for in a successful candidate is proven ability and built-in drive for continuously learning and improving your design skills.To be successful in this position you need to able to create pixel-perfect mobile UIs that are fluid, fast and fun to use. You understand end user behavior when designing engaging and inspiring services.
If you are an experienced designer, we can offer you a senior position. If you are in the beginning of your career, we are here to help you to grow and will find a way to give challenges that match your skills.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement and maintain fluid, fast, and fun mobile user interfaces
- Design features down to detail level while ensuring a coherent whole product
- Define and communicate feature designs with development teams and work together with engineers to implement your designs
- Collaborate with UX designer colleagues to create beautiful and easy-to-use user interfaces for our product
- Understand user motivations and translate them to well-defined UX flows and user behavior loops
What we’re looking for
- Experience in designing mobile user interfaces and user experiences
- Experience in iterative development of native mobile apps
- Great UI design skills and passion to your craft
- Be able to independently make and reason your design decisions
- Knowledge about F2P games on mobile
- Front end development on mobile or on desktop
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.