PUBLISHED: August 27, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 15,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
As a UI Developer, you are directly influencing and maximizing the playability, fun, and comfort for the players. Your responsibility is to define and implement new User Interface features thinking how things work technically equally as much as how things should look and feel. You will be writing C++ code and implementing UI using a proprietary node-based UI framework. You will work in a multithreaded environment and collaborate with multiple other teams in the project.
We are looking for a Developer with a strong interest in interface design. Since our project has tight deadlines and fixed deliverables, we are looking for somebody who is a quick learner and not afraid of a high-pace environment. We are offering you an amazing opportunity to become a part of developing one of the biggest brands in games, and you will have the opportunity to work with one of the industry-leading engines. You will be able to develop your skills working side by side with a friendly and talented production team.
- Create UI using our node-based visual scripting system
- Write well-optimized code that ensures the UI works smoothly in all situations
- Work closely with all disciplines necessary to deliver features on time and with the players best interest in mind
Our dream candidate
- Has solid C++ skills
- Has experience in UI frameworks and tools
- Pays strong attention to details and has a good visual eye
- Understands code performance and knows how to optimize code
- Is proactive and independent in solving problems
- Is a quick learner and adapts quickly when faced with new challenges
- Plays well in a team engaging and including others
- Game programming experience
- Experience of node graph systems (for example Unreal Blueprint)
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV together with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 12th of September but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!