UI Designer 1939 GAMES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / remote EU
PUBLISHED: September 10, 2021
Last call to join 1939 Games to work on Kards, a World War II digital collectible card game! 1939 Games was founded by Gudmundur and Ivar Kristjansson, brothers with over 25 years of games industry experience between them. With a shared interest in collectable card games and WWII, the duo wanted a game that combined their passions. When they could not find one, they set out to make it themselves.
KARDS is that game, a digital CCG (collectible card game) that uses historical military units as inspiration for its cards. Fusing traditional card game elements with WWII strategy, it is an elegant, action-packed experience that stands apart within the genre.
The company is origin from Iceland and now also in Helsinki! We are looking for Developers to form the 1939 Games mobile unit!
We are looking for an UI Designer with mobile and/or PC experience to work with us.
Here is what you will be doing with us:
- Work with Production, Leads and UX/UI Designers to create interfaces for games on mobile.
- Use engine/animation tools to bring the UI to life.
- Convert and change existing PC UI to fit mobile.
- Implement UE4 UI systems in Widgets and Blueprints.
- You hold practical UI implementation knowledge; you have worked within UI teams to overcome technical limitations.
- Optimization of assets that are already in the PC version of the game for mobile.
- Create functional and responsive UI systems.
- Assist in the design of UI functionality.
- Implement UI design assets in-game.
Very much appreciated:
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to implement systems.
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision.
- Work closely with team members, communicating regularly.
In return we offer an exciting and interesting game concept to work with in a highly skilled and relaxed team. We can offer a competitive salary and location in the heart of Helsinki. Relocation to Reykjavik is naturally an option.
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch with me by Friday the 17th of September. You can reach me by e-mail arja.martikainen (at)barona.fi.