UI Designer ICEFLAKE STUDIOS / Tampere, Finland
PUBLISHED: April 28, 2022
Iceflake Studios is looking for a UI Designer to work as a part of our team working on Surviving the Aftermath and upcoming Paradox management game titles.
Iceflake Studios was founded in 2007 and over the years has developed 20 original titles for all major platforms. In 2018 we started the development of Surviving the Aftermath together with Paradox Interactive; this cooperation culminated in 2020 when Paradox acquired Iceflake Studios thus making us a first party Paradox studio.
We offer you the support of a large, internationally acclaimed studio with the perks of a small one. With us you’re not only executing tasks, but truly get your voice and opinions heard. You will be backed up with our experienced team and are surrounded by encouraging coworkers and a great atmosphere.
You will join to be part of our UI team, and work in close contact with Designers, Programmers and Artists. We offer you support if needed, but mostly let you work autonomously making your own decisions.
What you will be doing:
- Work as a full-time UI/UX designer and as a valued member of our team.
- Designing and creating stunning UI’s for our games.
- Ensuring the best possible player experience through excellent UX.
- Finding practical solutions to managing complex systems.
- Collaborating daily with others.
- Be part of developing the next big Paradox management titles.
- Developing your expertise and sharing and exchanging knowledge through internal guidance and feedback with leads and other designers.
The skills you need to have:
- Deep understanding of UI/UX design principles.
- Previous working experience in designing wireframes, visual layouts and UX flows.
- Good communication and self-organizational skills.
- Iterative mindset and thirst for understanding how things work.
- Advanced system based and visual thinking skills.
- Deep knowledge on game related user interfaces.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and/or other useful tools to communicate and visualize your designs.
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Passionate about games and game development.
- Understanding iconography and how to apply visuals as functions of UI/UX.
How to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Xaml and/or WPF.
- Previous experience in the game industry.
- Formal studies in visual or graphic design.
- Experience in programming or visual scripting.
- Hands-on experience with Unity UI or other UI frameworks.
- Experience with graphics softwares like Illustrator or Flash.
Our office is located within a walking distance from downtown Tampere. You will have the ability to work remotely, but due to the highly collaborative nature of the work we expect you to be able to work at the office as well.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don’t match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Iceflake and Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you would be a great addition to our team.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title UI Designer and include a portfolio of your previous work and projects.