PUBLISHED: November 19, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
UI Artist for our new unannounced mobile project
Following the success of Trials Frontier and South Park: Phone Destroyer, our studio is kicking off our next mobile project with our own new IP. As our UI Artist, you will build the visuals that smoothly guide players as they navigate the game, breaking down any barriers that stand between them and the game. You will collaborate closely with other team members establishing the UI direction and creating interface assets that allow a comfortable and immersive player experience.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! Our project will push the existing boundaries of mobile games so you will have the opportunity to part of something really unique. You will get to enjoy the network and the support of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a quirky, outspoken and playful atmosphere.
- Collaborate with designers, other artists, and programmers to establish the UI direction, and ensure UI design implementation works as intended
- Establish and maintain UI pipelines for the project
- Follow design documentation to translate high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs
- Create interface assets (menus, icons, and buttons, etc.) and build wireframes and mockups
- Find a balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints
- Develop and refine your work based on feedback from collaborative teams (debug and optimize)
- Document and share your UI design workflow and best practices
- Collaborate with the localization team to adapt menus into different languages
Our dream candidate
- Has experience in developing UI for mobile games or applications
- Has experience in creating UI guidelines
- Is curious and focused on learning and developing
- Works flexibly together with other team members
- Communicates proactively and gives and receives constructive feedback
- Sends us their amazing portfolio showcasing their UI skills
We also appreciate
- Experience or interest in UX Design
- Experience of working with Unity
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV and a portfolio showcasing your UI skills. The application period closes on the 3rd of December, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!