PUBLISHED: September 12, 2017
Are you an artist passionate about making commercially successful games, creating good looking, user friendly and consistent mobile user interfaces that delight our players? Awesome, we at the Rovio Stockholm RPG Studio are looking for a talented UI Artist to help us with current and upcoming titles.
The role is very broad and you should be ready to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to implementation tricks.
The Rovio Stockholm Studio is behind the hugely popular title Angry Birds 2 and while soaring on that success we are also developing several new IPs and exploring new game ideas within the RPG genre, as well as improving and expanding Angry Birds 2 even further. In the studio, situated in the south part of the city centre, we keep a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and an open communication. We challenge each other and ourselves in all we do here but keep the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Design and complete game visuals from concept to final asset
- Create quality art by following visual guidelines defined by team lead artist or Art Director
- Creating wireframes as well as visual design compositions based on project needs
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to find the best solutions from a cross-functional perspective
- Work independently to complete given assignments
- Provide time estimates for own tasks
- Seek assistance and feedback as needed
You’ll fit in our flock if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development in the field of art or interface design
- Expertise with Photoshop and/or Illustrator, including a well-developed sense of color and composition
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, and drawing skills
- Ability to produce interaction concept designs (including navigation and content design) and/or animated prototypes
- An excellent understanding of the principles of interaction design and experience of user-centred design approaches and methods
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, managers and producers to understand the high-level requirements and meet that objective with the optimal user-centred solution
- Open to feedback and enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
- Knowledge of game art optimization, managing the technical visual resources and restrictions
- Collaborative and consensus driven approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Knowledge of, and an interest in free2play best-practices as they relate to interface design
- Strong interest in video games
- An interest in form and typography
- Ability to prototype using Unity or other tools – from paper to code
- Eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong interest in data-driven approach to optimise art for games business performance
We offer a fantastic opportunity to take part in the development of the studio, working with great co-workers in a team-oriented, informal, international and inspiring working environment. To apply you MUST supply us with a portfolio showing your talent.
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!