PUBLISHED: October 15, 2018
Are you passionate about games? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
UI Artist to join our ambitious mobile team
As a UI Artist, you will be an essential part of our game development. By being the UI consultant for the production you´ll ensure that our graphic design and layouts are engaging and breathtaking! Your objective is to design and implement the UI in cooperation with the Art Director. You will establish and maintain the UI pipeline as well as deliver weekly content.
You enjoy taking initiative and finding independently creative solutions to complex problems. In this role you´ll get to use your diverse range of skills and also have the possibility to learn new software and methods of working. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team, where active communication and collaboration is highly appreciated and people are ambitious to achieve the best player experience possible. This is a unique opportunity to work in a big, ambitious project in one of the leading mobile studios of Ubisoft, yet enjoy the friendly RedLynx culture where people come first!
- Together with Game Designers and Art Leads design game menus which are engaging, user-friendly and functional
- Establish and maintain UI pipeline
- Concept mock-ups of the game menus according to the art direction
- Iterate the design and graphics as needed
- Create finalized 2D assets and work together with programmers to ensure that the menus are implemented into the game in a feasible way and work as designed.
Our dream candidate
- Is UI driven as an artist, with main interests and goals revolving around the creation of the best user interface experience.
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in UI/menu design
- Is passionate about games and has an understanding of what is required from game user interfaces/menus.
- Is proficient in Photoshop and has at least some experience using other graphics software such as Flash and Illustrator.
- Is a good communicator and a team player and has a proactive attitude and strong self-organizational skills.
We also appreciate
- Experience in game development
- Experience in graphic design
- Professional art education/training
- Experience in motion graphics
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with programming
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 11.11.2018 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!