PUBLISHED: May 16, 2017
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for a tools programmer!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. Our company’s purpose is to:
1) Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
2) Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
One corner stone for our success has always been our in-house engine that has helped us to reap the maximum performance out from several platforms along the years. Now the talented team behind that engine is seeking a new member to work on new exciting and challenging projects.
As a tools programmer, you will be creating tools for asset pipeline and content creation. You would be working in our technology team, who is responsible for our in-house game engine shared between projects.
Assets you will be working with include everything needed to make a game: 3D models, animations, textures, scripts, and more. Tools can range from simple command-line programs to sophisticated GUIs.
There’s a lot to do in the tools and in-house technology side of game development, so we can tailor the job description to fit your skills and desires.
• Excellent programming skills. You work comfortably in C++ and can pick up any programming language when needed.
• Desire to help other people to flourish in their work.
• Good communication skills. You gather and share information, and tackle day-to-day problems with efficient face-to-face communication.
• Good team work skills. Goes really without saying, doesn’t it?
• Basic knowledge of 3D graphics and mathematics.
We require a work sample. We can provide a programming assignment for you to show your skills, just ask! Alternatively, if you have a non-trivial program that you can share with us, and think it will impress us, please attach it to your application.
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
• Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
• A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person