Technical Project Manager DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: January 25, 2021
Are you a tech savvy and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Technical Project Manager to join our ambitious and fun-loving team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a Technical Project Manager at Dazzle Rocks you’re responsible for driving the development of our upcoming social MMO game. Working together with the tech team and management, you will define the best practices for team collaboration and realise the planning, maintaining and execution of the tech roadmap. Together with the CTO you will contribute to Dazzle Rocks’ success by helping to grow our technical capabilities and efficiency. In addition to managing the day to day processes and workflows of the tech team, you lead by example and give them well formed feedback and direction so everyone is aligned. You also act as the main contact point for tech outsourcing and work with some of the most respected and well-known partners in the field.
As a Technical Project Manager you will have a strong influence on how we do things. This role is a mixture of day-to-day team leadership and technical project management. We have our own IP, expanding 3D world with characters, buildable elements, and living, procedural world environment. If you live and breathe all things tech and enjoy leading people in a self-managing and proactive team, we might just be the perfect match.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment, let’s connect!
- Planning, maintaining and executing the tech roadmap in collaboration with the team
- Lead, coach and provide timely feedback to tech team
- Act as a role model for tech team by constant improvement, emphasizing best practices, leading by example and supporting team growth
- Research, provide feedback and act as a stakeholder towards external partners
- Establish best practices for team and cross functional collaboration together with the tech team
- Act as the main collaboration partner of the CTO to determine future technical capabilities of Dazzle Rocks
- Master’s Degree in project management or related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant games industry experience including hands on development
- Shipped at least one game
- Previous experience from leading and mentoring teams
- Excellent understanding and interest in technology and game development
- Able to provide multiple solutions to challenges
- Skilled in collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to give well formed and actionable feedback but have an open mind for other people’s opinions and ideas
- Easily approachable and energetic attitude
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
- Previous experience from working with QA outsourcing partners and external development teams
What we offer
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Newly renovated studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait what you have in store for us! Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org