Technical Level Designer (World Builder) REDLYNX / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: December 20, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 19,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are looking for a
Technical Level Designer (World Builder) to our groundbreaking unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game title based on our own new IP. As a Technical Level Designer, you assemble the creative and design intentions into an exciting and consistent universe. You are a World Builder at heart, constructing game levels and worlds that stimulate player expression and enrich gaming experiences.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy and systematic designer who really likes to work with others. In this pioneering project, you will have the opportunity to join a team of very experienced game developers and industry veterans. You will also get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, you can always ping any colleague around the world to share ideas!
- Design and implement gameplay elements and levels according to the design and creative visions
- Document clear and synthetic design and technical documents
- Generate rules for map creation
- Generate content procedures and propose new tools
- Actively participate in design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design topics
- Collaborate with other level designers and the engineering team to develop and enhance tools and processes used in the environment layouts
- Work closely with the art team to design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
Your skills and experience
- Previous game production experience and good knowledge of game development process and production pipelines
- The more knowledge of game design systems you have the better, and previous work experience as a game designer certainly helps in this job
- Procedural software experience (for example Houdini or similar)
- Strong logical reasoning skills and an analytical mindset
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Independent and proactive working style
- Passion and eagerness to learn and grow in the gaming industry
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
We also appreciate
- Experience in making changes according to feedback from the players
- Knowledge about scripting/programming
- Experience in procedural workflow
- Involvement in shipped games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 10th of January 2021.
Our team is soon heading for well deserved holiday break but we will get back to all the applicants after the holiday season! Meanwhile, go ahead and explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.