Technical Artist DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: July 13, 2021
Are you a tech savvy and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our ambitious and fun-loving team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a Technical Artist at Dazzle Rocks you’re responsible for enabling a breakthrough artistic vision of our upcoming and technically ambitious social MMO game. You work closely with our artists and development team and have a big impact on the 3D capabilities and and look of the constantly evolving, living game world. Together with our other Technical Artists, you will be working on crafting mobile-friendly shaders, character customization systems, and procedural environment among many other interesting and challenging topics. You are a detailed, technical but artistic person who can execute their ideas effectively in practice. In this role understanding of the graphics pipeline as a whole and an interest in crafting the best player experience are valued.
We have our own IP, expanding 3D world with characters, buildable elements, and living, procedural world environment. If you live and breathe all things tech and art and enjoy working in a collaborative and self-managing environment, we might just be the perfect match.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment, let’s connect!
- Work on the shaders, textures and 3D art pipeline
- Manage asset import/export automation and high technical standards
- Define technical asset quality and performance benchmarks
- Make scalable solutions for expanding, procedural world generation
- Collaborate with the team to build tools for artists, designers and developers
Our ideal candidate
- 2 years experience as a technical artist / shader programmer
- At least one published 3D game with experience from creating and defining technical art from start to finish
- Solid understanding of mobile platform rendering technology
- Strong skills of shader programming and optimizing asset performance
- Passion for free-to-play games and MMO’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Knowledge of 3D and game engine internals
- Extensive knowledge of rendering pipelines
- Experience from OS-level performance profiling on devices
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!