PUBLISHED: December 16, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP. As our Technical Artist in this project, you will develop, adapt and implement the artistic tools and methods used in the game development. You will play a key role in carrying out the artistic vision of the game within certain technical constraints. You will collaborate with the whole game development team to understand, define and implement technical solutions that will optimize the memory, performance, and quality of the game.
We are looking for someone who finds solutions in inventive ways making the best use of the resources they have (think MacGyver!). You actively seek opportunities to improve the game performance and you are continually enhancing your current skills. You will have multiple stakeholders to work with, so the ability to collaborate, build, and maintain relationships is needed to succeed in this role.
You will join a recently founded team of senior and skilled game developers working on a new project in the world’s third-biggest game publisher. We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in games. Your home base will be a team of experienced and versatile technical artists. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio where we take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Providing and maintaining art production tools (e.g. procedural tools, shaders)
- Mentoring artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools
- Developing technical solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision
- Designing and driving improvements in production tools and pipelines
Our dream candidate
- Has at least 3+ years of game industry experience as a Technical Artist
- Has an adequate understanding of linear algebra as a component of computer graphics
- Has experience in procedural content production
- Has fluency in Houdini, + VEX and HOM (Python)
- Has a general understanding of 3D graphics and rendering and their recent technology developments
- Is constantly curious and proactive in finding new solutions and learning more
- Knows how to make decisions balancing between the creative point of views and technical constraints
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork and diversity
We also appreciate if you
- Have experience in HLSL
- Have experience in Blender
- Have experience of C++ and C# programming
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on January 2 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!