Technical Artist (3D game) (Slingshot Studio)
PUBLISHED: May 4, 2017
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
You’ll fit in our flock if you have passion and proven track record in:
- Creating art tools and pipelines and tackling tech/visual challenges
- Optimizing art for memory and performance gains
- Automatizing as much mechanical processes as possible with scripting and other instruments
- Providing technical support to artists and the rest of the team
- Investigating new techniques and tools to optimize the art workflow and training the team
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Experience developing in Unity,
- Experience in Blender, Maya or 3DS Max
- Solid knowledge of the latest technologies and current trends in managing the art pipeline
- A solid understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in game art on a professional level
It’d be cool if you had some of these feathers too:
- Experience in Illustrator
- Character design & animation experience, including rigging
- Ability to give life to characters, creatures and inanimate objects
- Experience on multiple published games, including mobile titles
- Experience in another game development discipline such as Programming/Game Design
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!