Technical Artist COLOSSAL ORDER / Tampere, Finland
PUBLISHED: April 8, 2022
Colossal Order is looking for a Technical Artist!
As a Technical Artist at Colossal Order, you will be a member of the Technology team, getting involved in the different projects in development and help shaping the workflows and technology to empower the Programmers and Artists to create high quality, performance friendly visuals. You will act as a bridge between the Art and the Programming departments.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5h/week) position in Tampere, Finland.
You must possess a strong knowledge in both disciplines and have a deep understanding of game industry standards in the following areas:
- Visual effects
- Rendering pipelines and techniques
- Shader programming
- Role and responsibilities
- Researching and developing technical tools for a project
- Setting up workflows of art production
- Supporting and training artists and engineers in the art pipeline
- Assisting in asset performance and validation
- Solving complex technical issues
- Selecting what software and tools are most fitted for game production
- Developing tools, shaders and software to execute the needs of the games
- Researching the implementation of rendering techniques
- Maintaining technical documentation
- 7+ years of experience in the game industry
- Solid knowledge of game engine workflows, specifically Unity 2020.3+
- 2+ shipped PC or Console title
- C#/HLSL/scripting knowledge at minimum
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid understanding of art, animation and rendering pipelines
- Understanding of rigging and animation principles
- Rendering and post-effects experience
- Shader development experience
- High level artistic skills – proportion, color, composition
- Ability to identify the best tools and software to maximize throughput
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams
Why join Colossal Order?
- We’re passionate about simulation games – and cake!
- We’re more than a workplace, we’re a community
- We have our home in Finland, the happiest country in the world
- We believe happy and healthy employees are the key to success
- We offer freedom with responsibility
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- We have over 10 years of experience creating games
- Flexible work hours
- 5 weeks of paid vacation from the start of the employment
- Private healthcare in addition to Finnish public healthcare
- Extensive health and leisure insurance
- Relocation help and housing
- Private Finnish lessons
- Access to company cabin
Become a part of our international team of 30 people from 10 different countries working from home or our modern office located in central Tampere, Finland, and enjoy the benefits of Nordic work culture. Join our employee-driven social events, like weekly quizzes, game nights, and more.
Send us an introduction, your CV, and your portfolio at email@example.com. We’ll start interviewing promising candidates right away, so please apply as soon as possible.