Technical Artist CRITICAL FORCE / Kajaani/Helsinki
PUBLISHED: February 24, 2022
Critical Force is the creator of the successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world. Our values are Honesty, Trust, Team Spirit, Player Centric and Learn & Grow, and they are defined and cherished by all of our employees.
Now, we are calling for you, Technical Artist, to join our ranks and help us bring Critical Ops to the next level. If you have a passion for games and you are a self-driven person looking to work in a team of dedicated people, we welcome you to join us!
You would be part of our incredible Critical Ops team, filled with passionate and creative people with intense enthusiasm and knowledge. Together with level designers and environment artists you would be working on the map and environment art creation process to deliver higher quality gameplay and maps to our dedicated player base. Additionally, you would have the opportunity to contribute to improving the overall graphical fidelity of Critical Ops and enable new types of content.
- Create and maintain editor tooling for level designers and environment artists
- Work closely with artists and designers to ensure efficient utilisation of tools, pipelines, and authoring process
- Improve the graphical fidelity of the game
- Establish and enforce standards in asset performance and validation
- Experience in game development
- Strong knowledge of Unity 2020 and up
- Professional experience using C#
- Experience with custom render pipelines in Unity
- Experience with game industry standard art software (Max, Maya, Blender, Substance, Photoshop)
- Experience with shaders
- Ability to communicate with and guide non-technical people
- Please include a portfolio/work samples as part of your application
You can also Wow us with your
- Experience in writing plugins for 3rd party content creation tools, like Maya & Photoshop
- Proactive and self-driven mindset
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on shooter games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is the first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. We all share a passion for our creations, from interns to senior developers. We pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
We provide the opportunity to work remotely or from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in the heart of a bustling games capital. For remote work, terms may apply depending on the location.
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment, driven by people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in either of our offices, in Helsinki or Kajaani
- Opportunity for fully-remote work
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health, travel insurance, dental care, internet benefit and additional paid holidays
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles