PUBLISHED: August 17, 2020
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are now looking for a
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP. As our Technical Artist in this project, you will develop, adapt and implement the artistic tools and methods used in the game development. You will play a key role in carrying out the artistic vision of the game within certain technical constraints. You will collaborate with the whole game development team to understand, define and implement technical solutions that will optimize the memory, performance, and quality of the game.
We are looking for someone who finds solutions in inventive ways making the best use of the resources they have (think MacGyver!). You actively seek opportunities to improve the game performance and you are continually enhancing your current skills. You will have multiple stakeholders to work with, so the ability to collaborate, build, and maintain relationships is needed to succeed in this role.
You will join a recently founded team of senior and skilled game developers working on a new project in the world’s third-biggest game publisher. We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in games. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio where we are focused without forgetting to have fun.
- Providing and maintaining art production tools (e.g. procedural tools, shaders)
- Mentoring artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools
- Developing technical solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision
- Designing and driving improvements in production tools and pipelines
Our dream candidate
- Has game industry experience as a Technical Artist
- Has experience in procedural content production
- Has fluency in Houdini, + VEX and HOM (Python) – or similar tools
- Has an adequate understanding of linear algebra as a component of computer graphics
- Has a general understanding of 3D graphics and rendering and their recent technology developments
- Is constantly curious and proactive in finding new solutions and learning more
- Knows how to make decisions balancing between the creative point of views and technical constraints
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork and diversity
We also appreciate if you
- Have experience in HLSL
- Have experience in Blender
- Have experience of programming/scripts
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on September 6 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.