Technical Art Lead / Senior Technical Artist
PUBLISHED: April 2, 2019
ROVIO, Keilaranta 7, Espoo
We are looking for an experienced Technical Art Lead to join us on our quest to create industry leading games and push the boundaries of what is possible on Mobile.
On this quest you will be joined by talented people from our award winning teams.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for coming up with the technical solutions for achieving the aspired aesthetic quality of the project you are working on, but you’re also expected to play a big role in development of our art pipelines and ways of working for future.
If you know Unity through and through and can work on wide range of duties between tech and art, you might be exactly what we are looking for. You would be responsible for implementing the look, style, and aesthetics of the game you are working on. As well as work on the real-time and baked lighting, create and customize shaders for 2D and 3D, and create particle systems and effects that interact with other assets. Understanding of rigging and animation systems is a plus.
You’ll fit our flock if you want to:
- Provide technical solutions to aesthetic problems
- Analyse visual targets and help make them reality in Unity on mobile platforms
- Advocate for technically sound art pipelines and best practices
- Create and modify shaders to match the aspired visual style
- Create shaders and effects for visual effects
- Work as a bridge between the artists and programmers
- Write editor extensions, tools and scripts to help artist make assets or integrate those to the game
- Mentor, coach more junior artists’ in your team and studio
What you’ll take under your wings:
- 6+ years in gaming industry or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience of that in a technical role in a game project (Technical Artist, Shader Programmer, Lighter, Effect Artist)
- 5+ years of experience with Unity
- Good understanding of modern art pipelines 2D & 3D
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, CgFX or other shading languages
- Knowledge of scripting/coding using languages such as C++ and C#
- Strong knowledge of particle systems and dynamic simulations
- Great personality and attitude
- Great leadership, teamwork and people skills
- Good track record and impressive portfolio
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills
The position is full time, and requires the candidate to relocate to Finland (we will support relocation). The position is in our Espoo Headquarter, just few hundred meters from Helsinki border and less than 10 minutes metro ride from downtown Helsinki.