Technical Art Director
PUBLISHED: August 26, 2020
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are looking for a
Technical Art Director for an unannounced project
We have recently kicked off the development of a new groundbreaking game with a new IP. As our Technical Art Director, you will develop, adapt, and implement graphic and artistic tools and methods to carry out the inspiring artistic vision of the game. Your goal is to optimize the memory, performance and quality of our game within the technical constraints of the project. We are looking for somebody with strong views and expertise of how to utilize artistic tools in developing high quality games.
A recently founded team of very experienced and skilled game developers is looking forward to welcoming you in their team. We have set our goals high and are experiencing an exciting period of growth. We work with state-of-the-art tools experimenting with the very latest technologies. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly focused atmosphere.
- Select, develop and adapt graphic and artistic tools used in production
- Validate work methods that are best suited to the production
- Deliver the best possible tools for procedural generation
- Provide the art teams with technical support and training to maximize their data integration in the engine
- Communicate and work together with other game development teams
Our dream candidate
- Has previous experience in the video game industry and has participated in productions with the responsibility of developing and implementing artistic tools
- Has developed a vision and strong expertise in graphic production methods and pipelines
- Has a very good understanding of procedural content generation
- Is experienced using 3D software
- Has an understanding of various game engines
- Knows how to positively influence others and communicates with assertiveness and impact
- Takes a strong role in groups when crucial decisions are made and actions are needed
- Fosters teamwork and is highly capable of building relationships
- Strong enthusiasm for games!
- Knowledge of F2P games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on September 13 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer