PUBLISHED: November 3, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland - Capital Area
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a System Administrator.
We are looking for a System Administrator to strengthen our IT team. Our team is responsible of operating and developing our IT infrastructure, including workstations, network, shared storage, console development kits, server platforms, and server applications. Plus some special circumstances in dark places (flashlight provided).
As a member of our IT team, you will have a high level of freedom in prioritizing and executing your tasks, but with a veteran team ready to back you up. Each of us has worked for 20 years in the field.
Our network is built on a hybrid platform of Linux and Windows servers in a complex network environment consisting of several subnets for different purposes, e.g., console development kits. Most of our hosts, including workstations, run dual stack IPv4/IPv6. Our firewalls are based on netfilter WAN/VPN connections to our external partners.
The most essential service we provide are access control and storage (1+ PiB of central storage), source control (Perforce Helix), issue tracking (Atlassian Jira), and continuous integration (TeamCity).
We follow site reliability engineering (SRE) best practices and heavily employ templates, roles, and Ansible automation for most of the services that we manage. We do not aim for a homogeneous environment where one size fits all, but embrace diversity by choosing the right tools for each task.
The job position includes, but is not limited to the following duties and tasks
• Developing and administering our IT infrastructure together with the other System Administrators
• Planning and execution of our office migration to a new location
• Responding to user requests and keeping track of task completion in a timely manner with Jira
• Experience in administering at least some parts of our the technologies we use
• Experience in automating administration tasks using scripting and/or orchestration software
• Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English
• A can do attitude and a rational/analytical/investigative mindset
• Helpful attitude
• Good understanding of software development processes is a bonus
• Basic programming skills is a bonus
What is in it for you?
• Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living affordable.
• Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
• You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
• We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
• Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued.
We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested please apply now. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.