PUBLISHED: July 12, 2019
Are you eager to apply your devops talent and craft in bringing mobile F2P games to life? Does the term “Infrastructure as Code” make your heart sing? Do you have vision and drive on how to do cloud operations and site reliability engineering at scale? If so, you might be just the SRE Devops Engineer we are looking for to join our Cloud Operations team in Espoo, Finland.
Your responsibilities as SRE DevOps Engineer will include:
In this position you will be part of a central and highly respected team at Rovio operating, supporting and developing our Cloud Platform designed for automation, scalability and operational simplicity. The Rovio Games Cloud Platform serves hundreds of millions of users responding to thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe.
Joining us now you will get to play a significant role in how we migrate to containerizing major parts of our platform and how we take our current cloud infrastructure automation to the next level. You will get a chance to work with and master a wide variety of technologies and your work will have a real impact on the direction and quality of our services. As you grow into your role you will be looked to company-wide as an expert in all things related to cloud infrastructure and its architecture, and your team will give you all the support you need to get there.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years hands-on experience with devops/linux system administration and working experience with the concepts of automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS (other cloud providers a plus)
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Scripting skills (e.g. Python, shell)
- Analytical and data-driven mindset, ability to independently evaluate, implement and operate complex systems
- Excellent team work and social skills
Ideally you have:
- Experience in centralized configuration management and automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Packer)
- Experience with containers and their orchestration (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience operating NoSQL/RDBMS databases (eg: Cassandra, Riak, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in Rest-API based services
- Experience in deploying and operating log collection management and monitoring systems (e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus)
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
- The feeling of a small startup in a financially stable environment.
If you’re interested in hearing more don’t hesitate to send in your application, we will fill the position the moment we find a suitable candidate. Remember to include a cover letter and CV.