SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER – UNITY ADS
PUBLISHED: May 24, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
For our Helsinki office, we’re looking for a Software Test Engineer to join us for testing and quality assurance of Unity Ads related systems, primarily the SDK, which is in large scale use (1+ mio game developers and 100+ mio gamers). We’re looking for someone with a technical background or experience with software testing for a large scale systems.
We value interest in the full development process from specification to actual release into production, as well as having a strong desire to shipping high quality software products.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll work on daily basis as part of the Ads SDK development team, helping the team to ship high quality software, e.g. by defining test strategies for releases, coordinate testing/coverage efforts for new releases, investigate issues found in automation, manage bug situation, etc.
What does it take?
- Experienced software tester, preferably within large scale backend systems
- Structured/analytical approach
- Familiarity with manual/exploratory testing
- Theoretical knowledge of test techniques, e.g. from ISTQB or similar certifications (however certification is not a requirement itself)
We also appreciate:
- Mobile testing experience, i.e. knowing common pitfalls when shipping software for mobile devices
- Working within quality assurance also means you should be self-driven, have good communication skills and be able to provide input to the development team, both on quality aspects and technical topics e.g. related to implementation of features, in order to ship products of high quality
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki