Software Test Engineer
PUBLISHED: November 11, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland - Capital Area
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Software Test Engineer for a key role working on their ongoing projects.
What we are looking for
We want a skilled Software Test Engineer to strengthen our Q&A team. While working as a Software Test engineer your daily activities will include among other things; maintaining, developing and executing testing plans as well as tracking tools and technology bugs.
- Maintain and develop testing plans for our tools and technology and execute the planned tests
- Reproduce the reported bugs and regress resolved issues
- Track tools and technology bugs
- Participate in feature request specification by ensuring the requests follow Remedy guidelines and contain the information needed to execute the request
- Participate in the feature development by ensuring that relevant bugs are found and fixed early in the process
- Verify that the features planned for a release meet the requirements specified in the feature request
- Investigate which test cases could be run automatically, and how to report the results of different tests
- Participate in maintaining the documentation of our tools and technology
- Solid background in software testing (desktop applications/production tools)
- Ability to work in an English speaking work community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- A proactive attitude
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Experience with bug tracking and test case management systems
Additional skills and experience considered as a bonus
- Knowledge of world building software and game development tools
- Experience in automated testing environments
- Programming skills, especially in languages such as C# and C++
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested please apply now. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.