PUBLISHED: August 9, 2017
HATCH ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo, Finland
This is your chance to be part of something really groundbreaking. Join a high-performing team that will redefine the way people play mobile games.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our streaming team developing the next generation streaming technology environment, by pushing the limits of a networked graphics pipeline.
As part of our R&D streaming team we expect you to collaboratively maintain the streaming codebase at the core of Hatch. Improving the efficiency and throughput by optimizing data structures for network streaming is also one of the goals. We want you to be able to come up with creative solutions to minimize bandwidth usage with little impact to visual quality and to analyze and debug game engine performance over our streaming protocol to locate bottlenecks. Extending our API coverage for both OpenGL ES and native code will also be part of your tasks.
- Modern C++ development practices
- Deep understanding of the OpenGL state machine
- Real-time network application development
- Understanding the inner workings of a game engine
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
Nice to have skills and knowledge:
- Android app development, JNI, SMALI
- Android dynamic linker, ELF format
- Real-time audio streaming and formats
- Python 3 scripting, build systems
- CPU and GPU architectures, ARM assembly
- Passion for games
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Smart & motivated colleagues
- Cool office space with a nice sea view
- Weekly breakfasts with team
- Game nights, team activities and theme parties
- Fruits and refreshments
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Tools you need to get the job done
- Competitive pay & bonus plan
- Home internet connection
- Healthcare and insurance package
- Lunch and culture/sports benefit
- Paid holiday up to 5 weeks per year
If you feel you’ve got what it takes, please send your cover letter and CV right away to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include job title in the subject line.