SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER – Monetization
PUBLISHED: October 22, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
The world’s leading game engine is looking for brilliant engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be helping to scale Unity’s infrastructure to be the greatest and largest gaming cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a premier engineering team to bring a high level of reliability, security and efficiency to Unity services. With a commitment to our customers, you will use your outstanding system engineering and development skills to provide Unity’s customers with the best possible service experience.
As part of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will contribute to critical aspects of Unity’s services throughout the entire development cycle:
- You will be a production and operations domain expert to the development teams, guiding and advising on how to best implement services, serve our customers, and iterate once a service is in production.
- You will be the operational feedback loop to the development teams and help with the overall live service customer experience.
- You will own the design and implementation of software solutions to optimize and harden the management of highly-scalable tools and services.
- You will deal with service disruptions and production events in a timely manner, with professionalism and a dedication to our customers.
As the Manager of the site reliability team, you will lead a team of highly talented engineers owning Unity uptime and providing innovative software solutions to operational challenges. While you lead by example, you are also hands on and are able to contribute to SRE daily activities. In addition, you also manage the follow-the-sun support model by developing the relationship and promoting communication between each GEOs and your customers.
- Experience in managing teams, in a follow-the-sun model
- Awesome communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dedication to customer experience and quality
- Strong understanding of infrastructure core components: Storage, system and/or Networking.
- Experience in devops, site reliability and/or infrastructure engineering in a quickly growing company using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Ceph, and Gluster.
- Understanding of general large-scale distributed services and infrastructure, from network designs to overall system architecture.
- Strong development experience, preferably around system configuration and management using frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer centric and empathetic approach to support, thrive in making our customers and users successful.
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, build trust and solid relationships.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, ie. AWS, GCP and/or Azure.
- Advanced understanding of general infrastructure operation, and ability to drive a team to incident resolution, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment.
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job – we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!