SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (SRE)
PUBLISHED: March 6, 2018
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is a key role in our Backend Reliability team; you will be involved in designing, building and maintaining the systems necessary for our rapid growth. Proactive about learning new technologies, you are ready to lead technical projects and enjoy working cross-functionally with a variety of professionals and ideas.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Yousician, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help us develop services which are more scalable, reliable and efficient.
- Proactively monitor and manage our service infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot backend systems issues/problems/bottlenecks.
- Architect and design secure database infrastructures (We use Mongo, Redshift).
- Work with software developers on design and implementation on our large scale education platform.
WHO YOU ARE
- You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance.
- You strive for zero downtime.
- You are living in a shell/command line.
- You have experience with Cloud based infrastructures (we use AWS).
- You have experience with automation software and frameworks (we use Jenkins and Fabric).
- You have good knowledge of backend development and scripting languages (we use Python, Bash).
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!