Several Game Designers
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for several
Game Designers for our live and unannounced projects
As our Game Designer, you will imagine and develop compelling and engaging rules for our games in line with the design and creative vision. You will drive the design and document high-quality game systems and mechanics that enable truly epic player experience. We are looking for Designers who solve problems creatively and keep the focus on players at all times. We appreciate strong analytical and organizational skills and excellent communication and collaboration skills. Our Game Designers work very closely with the rest of the development team and are responsible for communicating the game vision to all stakeholders and overseeing the creation of game features.
We offer you the opportunity to join either live or unannounced projects in the world’s third-biggest game publisher. All Designers play a key role in the success of our projects. We can also offer you something truly unique, working in a studio with very versatile projects in both console and mobile games. All our projects are highly ambitious and we are aiming to build long term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in a quirky studio where we work hard and play hard!
Our dream candidate
- Has strong experience in designing games
- Has been involved in shipped games that rocked!
- Has strong analytical and organizational skills
- Has a solution-orientated mindset and is a problem solver
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork and diversity
We also appreciate if you
- Have experience of F2P and/or online games
- Interest or experience in Economy Design
- Have personal projects showing your passion for game development
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
Interested? Let us know what your favorite part of Game Design is and what you would like to focus on. Please also share if you have a preference between live or unannounced projects or console and mobile projects? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations.