Server Side Software Engineer
PUBLISHED: March 30, 2017
EA/TRACK TWENTY, Helsinki
Server Side Software Engineer for Electronic Arts Finland
The Electronic Arts’ Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking for new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile game SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 100 million gamers around the world and received multiple awards like the Best of Apple 2015.
As we continue to grow we’re looking for an experienced server-side software engineer, with a strong focus on designing, building and deploying highly scalable server architectures for connected functionality for games. The engineer will work as part of a game team to create and refine game server frameworks.
What a Server Programmer does at Tracktwenty
- Responsible for backend Java software development that supports mobile games (iOS & Android).
- Work with core backend services and database layer communications.
- Develop optimized and scalable services.
- Profile and optimize software components of the application.
- Collaborate with other engineers to integrate these systems and services.
- Take full ownership of large features from conception to delivery.
- Define technical requirements, write technical design specifications as needed.
- Understanding of professional software development methodologies, QA and testing approaches.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution-oriented individual.
- Operates and delivers in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to meet high quality standards.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
A Server Programmer at Tracktwenty also needs
- Knowledge of server-side programming languages with fluency in Java.
- Extensive experience with application servers such as Tomcat, and a strong knowledge of server side application architecture and design.
- Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL such as Redis and MongoDB are all a plus.
- Familiarity with RESTful Web services.
- Knowledge of *nix in a server environment, and the impact of system configuration and settings on application software is required.
- Strong knowledge of source code management in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 or other cloud services is a plus.
- Experience developing on iOS or Android architectures, including online connectivity a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Experience adopting existing internal libraries and code bases preferred.
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We’ve built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and great benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!