Server Developer (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: July 12, 2019
We are looking for a server developer to build our game backends. You’ll integrate with the game team to create great, server heavy games.
This role is within Rovio’s Battle Studio. The studio is working on a few unannounced, competitive games. Our teams are senior, our hierarchy is flat and our ambitions are high. This is an environment where strong ideas, commitment and hard skills trump years of experience.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design, implement and test backend functionality for our games.
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures.
- Ensure our servers are efficient, secure and scale well.
- Integrate other cloud services to the game servers.
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists.
We’d like you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 3+ years of relevant skills and experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, preferably AWS.
- Experience of using C#, .Net Core.
- Proficiency with C++, Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations.
- Having worked in the games industry is a plus.
- Excellent team player.
What you get when you join us:
- Strong company with ambitious plans for the future: Rovio has a long background in the mobile gaming industry and we have no plans to stop our growth.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Personal growth: We offer subscription to various learning platforms, as well as budget to buy books and conference tickets.
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace.
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, sauna and more.
If you’re interested, please do not hesitate to send your CV and cover letter! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.