PUBLISHED: August 17, 2020
SERIOUSLY, Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games and analytics? If you said “yes!”, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our brand new LiveOps team at Seriously (Helsinki office). Or actually, the title is not the most important thing here. 😉 Your tasks can lean towards business intelligence, data analytics or even game economy. You may have a few years of experience or have gained a lot already. No worries, we have the right challenges you’ve been looking for.
We are looking for a person who is curious minded and passionate about data analytics, and who is capable of explaining the sometimes complex results to a business decision maker. You love playing games and want to understand their economy, mechanics and pacing. We expect you to be a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe.
Your work will focus on analysing Best Fiends player data. You’ll enable data-driven decision making in game development and gameplay, which helps make the game even more fun to play.
What does the ride include?
- Work closely with product leads and the management team by analysing the game’s data to identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other team members to ensure that correct and appropriate data is collected
- Come up with relevant game related questions and hypothesis
- Help planning A/B tests, analyze results, and suggest next steps
- Use large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behavior
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Work experience in the mobile/social/free-to-play gaming space
- Experience in querying large, complex data sets using SQL
- Well-versed in data visualisation and exploratory data analysis using BI tools
- Familiarity with basic software development practises and version control systems
- Understanding of statistics concepts e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
What would make us amazed?
- Degrees, courses and practical projects in analytics, data science or economics
- Coding experience in R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages
We offer you a steady, transparent working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field! If you feel you´re up for the challenge, please apply as soon as possible as we´ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.