Senior Web Tech Programmer
PUBLISHED: February 7, 2019
We are looking for motivated and passionate Senior Web Tech Programmer to join our team at Seriously (Helsinki office). As Senior Web Tech Programmer, you’ll work as part of the Tech team carrying responsibility on developing tools for our internal use. In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
– Develop and maintain web services (such as ad serving and game content delivery)
– Develop and maintain our internal analytics system
– Maintain and improve the monitoring system
– Strong knowledge of Java programming on the server side
– Strong understanding of concepts and tools relating to web development (e.g. HTTP(S), REST, caching, JSON, SQL, NoSQL)
– Experience with Google Cloud Platform, or similar
– Nice to have:
- Professional experience working in the game industry
- Basic knowledge of Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of modern web frontend development
- Comfortable deploying and maintaining software running on Linux machines (e.g. GitLab, Perforce)
Technologies we use:
– Web services: Java running on Google App Engine
– Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
– Analytics: Apache Beam, Google PubSub, Elasticsearch, Snowflake (Data Warehouse)
– Monitoring: Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Opportunity to work with great people on great content
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and great work-life balance
- Private healthcare plan, extensive health and leisure insurance
- Lunch benefit, annual sports and culture allowance
- Variety of tools. Tell us what you need to get the job done and we’ll get it
- Relocation package and assistance
- Free snacks and beverages
We build global entertainment franchises that come to life first as best-in-class mobile games. We are passionate about great storytelling and epic world-building, desperate conflict and hilarious comedy, unique characters and unlikely heroes. We build brands that not only succeed commercially but also can give back to the world.
We believe in finding the best talent and giving them as much freedom and responsibility as possible. That’s why we take recruitment Seriously.
At Seriously, it’s a core value to share knowledge and information with all our employees. We want communication to be open and easy so we avoid unnecessary meetings and have as flat an organisation as possible. We seek proactive, highly efficient people and then let them do their work as they see fit.