Senior Video Artist
PUBLISHED: November 24, 2017
Are you a video grand wizard with the deadliest spells of the trade at your disposal? Are you longing to be a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series and our latest mobile release, South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games for all major platforms. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for an experienced Senior Video Artist to be a part of our Marketing team.
As a Senior Video Artist you will be responsible for our marketing video production for all our games and our studio brand. Your days will be spent creating top-quality trailers, other stunning video material and motion graphics for all digital channels, events and any other instances where it’s needed. At times, you may also work on various video content for in-game purposes. In short, you are a video creating machine – you eat ideas, still images and raw capture for breakfast and turn them into diamonds in motion by the time they come out.
You will be working your magic on every step of the video production cycle, from the brief and script to capturing gameplay, directing, editing, animating, compositing and creating motion graphics to mention a few things. Your goal is to wow the audience and make us and our games shine. Close co-operation with the rest of the marketing team and studio game production is essential to get things done. In addition, you will get to work with external agencies on trailer productions.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment, marketing and all things design and motion related. You need to have a lot of creative ideas and a strong vision, and you really enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Taking initiative comes naturally to you and you are used to an autonomous working style. You can keep track of multiple things at the same time and prioritize work against schedules, while making sure the quality of your work stays at the highest level. The requirements are tough, we know, but so are you.
- Create top quality video material and motion graphics for all platforms and devices
- Lead our video production from start to finish and be involved at all stages of the creative process
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure a smooth process and delivery
- Act as a creative lead for the junior video editor and other people helping with marketing video production
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE HAS
- Very strong experience in video editing and creating motion graphics
- Great eye and technical proficiency for creating finalized and impactful materials
- Good knowledge of visual and stylistic trends in games, film and entertainment
- Typographic and design knowledge for titles, transitions, lower thirds etc.
- Strong understanding of video formats required for all platforms, g. online, mobile and big screens
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other relevant tools
- Ability to take initiative and communicate his/her vision to the team
- Ability to be responsive to deadlines and manage video projects
- Experience in giving detailed feedback to and guiding other team members and external partners
- Animation skills
- 3D skills
- Experience in working with audio content
- Experience in graphic design / illustration
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- Good understanding of brands and marketing
- Network of highly talented and motivated marketing people all over the world + brands of a leading player
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation and a link to your portfolio, portfolio is a MUST. The application period closes on 10.12.2017 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!