Senior UX Designer / Next Games NEXT GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2021
We are looking for a UX Designer with a heavily user-centered design approach who seeks out user validation over gut feeling. You will work closely with our game designers, data analysts and artists to craft compelling features from start to finish, making sure that both the usability and overall user experience are top-notch. Player motivation is close to your heart and you care deeply about creating delightful experiences for users. You have a holistic approach to your work, driving your designs from ideation to implementation, and enjoy making your mark with your insight and problem-solving skills that directly influence the outcome of our products.
As an ideal candidate you already have a good understanding of both Unity and UGUI and have adapted one of the industry-standard prototyping tools as an integral part of your process. If this sounds like you, look no further.
You will get to work with around 100 friendly and talented games professionals in our amazing office in the center of Helsinki.
- Solid understanding of UX and user-centric design, modern design patterns and practices
- Good knowledge of the Unity & UGUI
- Fluent in creating wireframes, prototypes and user flows
- Experience with industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Figma or Xd
- Good understanding of resolution independent and adaptive design
- Creative mindset with great problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a development team and committing to mutual goals and deadlines
- Working closely with coders, designers, artists, product owners and other stakeholders in a day-to-day development environment
- Acting as the user advocate: planning, communicating and executing first-class user experience
- Planning ahead and having a full judgement of prioritising the most critical design tasks
- Turning written design flows into wireframes and prototypes, and effectively communicating interaction flows to the team members
- Composing wireframes and prototypes into functional ingame Unity layouts
- Project-related UX research and user testing
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the application link as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.