Senior User Experience Designer (Stockholm Studio)
PUBLISHED: June 26, 2020
- Be responsible for the UX design on key projects
- Drive the development of tools, best practices, processes, techniques and methodologies in the game teams to ensure the craft keeps developing
- Share learnings and review designs with other designers
- Work together with the user research team, designers and game leads to understand player research and validate UX designs
- Establish with the Product Lead and Lead Game Designer the key design drivers and player goals for the game. Can communicate UX design drivers, goals and KPIs for game on a studio level
- Work hands-on with studio priority project(s) and can be embedded on a project depending on project/studio needs. Has the overall ownership of the UX design in a game project they are working on
- Work hands-on and collaboratively with designers, developers and artists to implement UX solutions and user interfaces into the game
- Test and benchmark competitor products, drawing learnings and insights from them
- Follow current trends and how the market and industry is developing
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years experience in designing UI/UX for games and mobile devices with an understanding of mobile design principles
- Advanced knowledge of UI/UX design through degree, or equivalent in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design related subject.
- Proven UXD skills and have been the main contributor of UX design on multiple internally developed games titles in production, soft launch and global launch
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Experience Designer and other relevant design tools
- Ability to craft visually appealing, consistent and functional UI art assets to a high quality that align with art direction
- Excellent communicator in giving, seeking and receiving feedback and can constructively review and critique the design made by others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to visualize and clearly communicate decisions to team members through UX design deliverables
- Ability to create and adjust designs based on findings from quantitative (“big data”) and qualitative (user tests, peer reviews, surveys) data
- Understanding socio-cultural and contextual aspects
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Understanding of hardware limitations and possibilities
- Basic coding and scripting skills in Unity are considered a plus
- Understanding of localization/ internationalization requirements
- 1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are, what your experience has been to date and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- 2. Second rounds: Technical interview along with a discussion with Stockholm design team members. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
- 3. A test will be provided.
- 4. A final meeting might be required to review the test with you.