Senior User Acquisition Manager FUTUREPLAY GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: November 11, 2021
Futureplay is a six-year-old Finnish mobile game studio located in Helsinki. We’re a small, experienced, and committed group of 36 people working hard to create great mobile games that last. Our latest release Merge Gardens is on track to become a global hit, whilst our portfolio also includes genre stalwarts like Battlelands Royale and Idle Farming Empire. Recently we’ve joined the Plarium family and are now building out our Helsinki office to become a truly great hub of casual gaming.
We’re now on the lookout for a stellar Senior UA Manager to join our team and help take our marketing to the next level. We don’t stand on ceremony at Futureplay, and we don’t like limiting ourselves to rigid job titles like manager or director, but if you’re a senior UA professional looking for an exciting new challenge then this is a job ad for you.
As a member of the larger marketing team, you are an expert at scaling a successful game to new heights. You will drive user growth, manage relationships with partners, implement & optimize campaigns and maximise ROAS. Together with business intelligence, you’ll also analyze and interpret data to create meaningful actionable insights that support the larger marketing strategy of the product. You have the ability to think big and outside the box, to experiment, investigate and innovate on every aspect of performance marketing.
- Operate the entire user acquisition funnel for given titles together with the rest of the UA team, in close collaboration with marketing, game, business intelligence and finance teams
- Plan and manage campaigns in a variety of channels including social media, ad networks, platforms and DSPs
- Together with the marketing team analyze new channels & opportunities and apply best performance marketing practices throughout the funnel
- Analyze the incoming data in real-time to direct budgets where they are most profitable and regularly report on campaign performance to other stakeholders in the company
- Brainstorm and experiment with different creative hypothesis to generate meaningful insights into audience behaviour and help differentiate the games from their competitors
- Manage and cultivate relationships with external partners
- Previous experience running high budget performance marketing campaigns, especially for mobile games (minimum 3 years)
- Profound understanding of the technological side of UA and marketing, for example ad serving and attribution logic
- A broad interest in marketing and advertising, also outside the mobile games industry
- Previous experience in, or understanding what it takes to work in a minimum hierarchy environment and the ability to independently manage your tasks and responsibilities are a must
- Having an agile mindset and love for experimentation are needed
- Exceptional communication, analytical and teamwork skills combined with the ability to provide and receive candid feedback
- Growth mindset: If you’re not already familiar with something, you’re more than happy to learn
- Last but certainly not least: you’re a people person who gets along with everybody
In return, you’ll get:
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Possibility to work remotely, outside of Helsinki if you prefer
- Relocation support, if needed
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish gaming veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 35 people.
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.
We’re a streamlined, lean, no bullshit organisation with a truly flat structure. Everything else follows.
How to apply:
If you’re the talent we are looking for, put your CV in English together and apply. Please note that we only accept applications sent via our Careers site.
Please be informed that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find the match.