Senior Unity Developer SULAKE / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: January 12, 2022
Sulake is a social entertainment company focused on providing safe and fun online service for self-expression. Our mission is to enable our users to meet new people, make friends and give them a place to create and share content in enticing virtual surroundings. We make online web and mobile based games, and we are good at it! Currently, we ́re both operating and developing two games: Hotel Hideaway and Habbo. Hotel Hideaway is a social online role playing game for young adults and Habbo is famous for being one of the world’s oldest and most popular social hangouts for teens. Sulake is part of Azerion, a Dutch-based international gaming company in the media and entertainment business. Together we are a diverse group of various media and technology brands.
We are currently looking for a Senior Unity Developer to join our Habbo team in Finland. Do you have solid opinions on what makes good architecture and are you ready to develop and shift your views as technology and your skills progress? While working at Sulake, you won’t get ready-made design specs handed to you – plans are created and executed in teams. Any experience of agile practices is a plus and at the very least you will believe in the benefits of developing in short, iterative cycles.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and improving the game engine’s architecture.
- Ensuring code quality and conducting code reviews.
- Creating complex game mechanics.
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues.
The experience and skills we expect you to have:
- Solid knowledge of Unity.
- C# / .NET
- Good understanding of design patterns.
The following areas of experience and skills are considered as an advantage:
- Network programming and experience in real-time multiplayer game development in general.
- Basic understanding of computer graphics.
- Other languages (Java, Objective-C, etc.)
- Knowledge of computer science and algorithm complexity.
What we offer:
- Exciting new and challenging tasks.
- Talented and awesome colleagues.
- Relaxed and non-corporate atmosphere.
- New amazing office in the heart of Helsinki (Hybrid work setup due to Covid-19).
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits.
Apply as soon as possible by filling in the form with attachments below. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.