Senior UI/UX Designer 1939 GAMES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / remote
PUBLISHED: November 24, 2021
Join 1939 Games to work on Kards – The World War II Card Game1939 Games was founded by CCP (EVE Online) veterans, Ivar and Gudmundur Kristjansson, brothers with over 30 years of games industry experience between them. With a shared interest in collectible card games and WWII, the duo wanted a game that combined their passions. When they could not find one, they set out to make it themselves.
KARDS is that game, a digital CCG (collectible card game) that uses historical military units as inspiration for its cards. Fusing traditional card game elements with WWII strategy, it is an elegant, action-packed experience that stands apart within the genre.
The company is originated from Iceland and now also in Helsinki! We are looking for Developers to form the 1939 Games mobile unit! The company is well funded through its revenue from KARDS and recently $5.3M funding (including Finnish gaming VC, Sisu Game Ventures) to secure a successful development and launch of the mobile version of KARDS and ongoing future development of the game.
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer with mobile/PC experience to work with us.
Here is what you will be doing with us:
- Work with Production, Leads and UX/UI Designers to create interfaces for games on mobile.
- Use engine/animation tools to bring the UI to life.
- Convert and change existing PC UI to fit mobile.
- Implement UE4 UI systems in Widgets and Blueprints.
- Optimization of assets that are already in the PC version of the game for mobile.
- Create functional and responsive UI systems.
- Assist in the design of UI functionality.
- Implement UI design assets in-game.
Very much appreciated:
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to implement systems.
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision.
- Work closely with team members, communicating regularly.
- Knowledge of Unreal/Unity user interface systems.
In return we offer an exciting and interesting game concept to work with in a highly skilled and relaxed team. We can offer a competitive salary, good benefits, training, and location in the heart of Helsinki. Relocation to Reykjavik is naturally an option.
Company website: www.1939games.com
KARDS website: www.kards.com
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch with Arja Martikainen by e-mail (at)barona.fi or submit to our data base ASAP.